IPFM's draft of "A Treaty Banning the Production of Fissile Materials for Nuclear Weapons or Other Nuclear Explosive Devices", with article-by-article explanations is now available as an official document of the United Nations Conference on Disarmament (CD). The CD has been charged with negotiating this Treaty.
The draft Treaty was jointly submitted to the CD by Japan, Canada and the Netherlands in September 2009. The three delegations noted that while the draft treaty does not represent the official positions of these states, it "is intended to provide the Member States of the Conference on Disarmament with useful resource material for our work in the prospective negotiations on a fissile material cut-off treaty."
The draft Treaty is now available in all official UN languages:
- Arabic: عاهدة (وقف) إنتاج المواد الانشطارية,
- Chinese: (禁产)裂变材料条约,
- English: A Fissile Material (Cut-Off) Treaty,
- French: Traité sur les matières fissiles (arrêt de la production) (TMF(A)),
- Russian: Договор относительно (прекращения производства) расщепляющегося материала,
- Spanish Tratado (de cesación de la producción) de materiales fisibles.